Oct. 1: The Ancient Ones by Cassandra L. Thompson
Oct. 4: Liner by Chris Coppel
Oct. 6: Snuggle with the Strange by Liane Carter
Oct. 8: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Oct. 11: The Midnight Man by Caroline Mitchell
Oct. 13: Death by the River by Alexandrea Weis and Lucas Astor
Oct. 19: Petrichor by Melanie Rees
22: Planet Scumm Issue #11: Snake Eyes
Oct. 25: All-American Werewolf by Antonio Ricardo-Scozze
Oct. 27: Vampire’s Key by PG Devlim
Oct. 29: Winterset Hollow by Jonathan Edward Durham
Oct. 31: Here Comes the Witch by Ani Gonzalez
UPDATE: Submissions are now closed. Thank you to all who are participating!
In celebration of Halloween, I’m setting up a Halloween Review Spree. I want to post as many reviews for dark literature as I can on my review website this October. Technically, I’m not fully reopening my review service yet, but I do have more slots open on my reading roster than I expected, having finished certain books more quickly than anticipated.
I’m filling up my September TBR list (and the spaces I have open on my August TBR list) for my Halloween Review Spree. If you’re an author, agent, publisher, or other representative of dark fiction, I’m interested in your work (or your clients’ work). Further guidelines, terms, and contact information can be found below.
I may share a list of my favorite reads on my author site at the end of the spree, but this isn’t a contest of any kind. Think of it
more like a virtual Halloween Book Fest, only on my review site and social
media. This isn’t a blog tour, either, as I’ll be the only one reviewing any
books sent to me.
Guidelines and Terms:
- The Halloween Review Spree will run from
October 1st to October 31st. Reviews for books accepted
for this spree will be posted between those dates unless life happens and I’m
unable to post the reviews for some horrible reason. I can call the spree off at any time.
- I will be open to queries from July 29th to October 5th of 2021. I may stop accepting queries sooner if I feel I won’t be able to complete any more reviews by October 31st.
- I’m interested in dark fiction
for this spree. Any kind of horror, dark fantasy, psychological thrillers,
murder mysteries, other mystery thrillers, paranormal or supernatural fiction,
etc. That said, if your book doesn’t exactly fit
these genres but it still incorporates Halloween themes, I’ll consider
it. Please be aware that I am not very interested in zombies, but if you put a unique twist on them, I might be open to reviewing your work. For more detailed information about my preferences, please feel free to check out my blog post here.
- Middle Grade, Young Adult, New Adult, and Adult books are welcome.
- Novels, novellas, short story
anthologies, poetry anthologies, and graphic novels are welcome. I’m open to
any ebook or audiobook format. I can also request your book or audiobook on NetGalley or Edelweiss+ if you prefer.
- I do not guarantee that I will accept every book pitched to me, nor do I guarantee a review for every book I accept (such as if I don’t like the book). I will still be very selective about what books I accept. I only provide honest and unbiased reviews, so they may be positive or negative. Which leads me to make clear that . . .
- My entire review policy still applies (except Guideline 4, which details my genre preferences). Please read my policy carefully before querying me about reviews, as submitting your work to me (if I accept it) implies that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms found there. Furthermore, directions on what to include in your query are in the guidelines of my policy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but most questions can be answered by reading my policy. You can find my policy here.
- Please don’t send me your books/audiobooks before you query.
- If I accept your work, I will require you to provide me the cover art and a brief summary of your book to include in the post on my review site. Providing the summary will save me time, which will help me fit more reviews into the spree. If you have any links, other images, or author bios (and narrator bios in the case of audiobooks), please send them to me if you’d like me to include them in the post on my review site.
- Please reach out to me through my email, email@example.com. You may DM me through my social media, but I prefer emails.